As I previously announced, DormDelicious is participating in the HP Freshman 15 giveaway and giving away a free HP Pavilion dv5t laptop. Well, the time has come and the contest has begun! Without further ado:
The Contest: Show Off Your Dorm (or Room)
In order to enter our contest, you simply have to show us your dorm in all its glory. Surely you have been reading DormDelicious and have picked up a number of stellar tips for decorating it. Well, show us how far it's come since you moved in! Alternatively, show us how much you need this laptop to give anyone a reason to bother entering your radioactive mess of a dorm room. You can check out some examples of sweet dorms students have shared with us for inspiration.
Update: If you are living at home or off campus, show us your room. The same dorm decorating tips and tricks apply to the space, so why not?
To post a picture of your dorm to DormDelicious, you just need to:
- Register for an account if you don't have one already (it's easy!) Please register with a valid email address or else we will be unable to contact you!
- Submit your photo and include a description of what you have (or haven't) done. The photo must be yours, and it must be of your dorm.
Here's a refresher of what's up for grabs (it's a package worth over $1500 dollars!):
- HP Pavilion dv5t Series Laptop, which features an Intel Centrino processor, 15.4" display, built-in Wi-Fi, low-light webcam, digital microphone, QuickPlay software, and an HDMI port.
- HP xb4 Media Docking Station
- HP 500GB Pocket Media Drive
- HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One Printer
- HP Protect Messenger Bag
Additionally, 4 runners up will receive HP laptop bags!
- Any photo submitted on or after October 10th and before October 17th at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern will be considered
- You may only enter the contest once
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries (using Random.org's List Randomizer, if you must know).
- Barring any unforeseen problems, the winners will be announced shortly after 6 PM PST on October 17th
- Any changes or clarifications made to the rules and/or contest will be posted to this page, so check back often.
Please post any questions you have as a comment below and I'll try to respond as soon as possible. Good luck! If you are having trouble creating an account or logging in, use the contact form to get in touch.